Front End Web Developer / UX/UI Designer / CMS Branding Specialist
WordPress & SharePoint Branding
From gently tweaking existing themes to building robust site templates from scratch, I love making content management systems work for your content! I’m highly proficient in both front end and back end interfaces and enjoy exploring new tools and editors.
Clean & Modern UX/UI Design
You want your website to feel fresh and alive, displaying your content in a visually appealing way. I delight in working with the newest frameworks, incorporating them into everything I create to assure the best possible user experience across every device.
Fierce Attention to Detail
I pay attention to all the little things: spelling, code formatting, design specifications, and brand guidelines. I care about making your project look as professional as possible without any distracting mistakes. No irritating typos can escape my eagle eye!
Freelance Web Designer
June 2018 – Present
- Created and deployed custom responsive HTML5, Bootstrap, and WordPress websites for a variety of clients
- Installed and configured WordPress on several different web hosts through both manual deployment and 1-click installs
- Developed custom child themes with extended functionality. including overriding CSS and PHP templates
- Worked with page builder plugins such as Divi Builder, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, and WPBakery Page Builder
- Selected, configured, and troubleshot different plugins for each client based on individual need
- Organized and set up social media accounts and trained clients on best practices
- Maintained and updated WordPress sites for clients on an ongoing basis
Launch Consulting - UX/UI Designer - (Bellevue, WA)
September 2016 – June 2018
- Created functional visual UX/UI prototypes in Photoshop/InVision for the State of Colorado to replace outdated child welfare tracking system, with emphasis on usability throughout their vast repository of web forms.
- Designed and implemented custom-branded SharePoint Online and internal portals for Microsoft and other corporate clients, integrating the Bootstrap framework to create fully responsive sites.
- Developed SharePoint master pages, page layouts, CSS, and page content.
- Coached clients on best practices for maintaining their sites and performed follow-up troubleshooting.
- Launched WordPress sites for clients, from simple updates and troubleshooting to complete ground-up rebranding efforts. Pages were created utilizing editor plugins such as Visual Composer, Beaver Builder, Thrive Content Builder, and Themify Builder.
- Conceptualized UI wireframes and Photoshop mockups of various websites, applications, and dashboard designs for clients across multiple industries and disciplines, working with developers to make secure custom solutions, deploying to both internal and external audiences.
110 Consulting - UX/UI Designer - (Bellevue, WA)
February 2011 – September 2016
- Designed, coded, and maintained major web applications for large corporate clients (such as Microsoft) using responsive design best practices.
- Produced functional HTML mockups using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Created branded UIs for SharePoint 2013 (previously 2010 and 2007).
- Extended SharePoint capabilities with list-driven web parts and custom data views (XSLT).
- Migrated and redesigned enterprise-level SharePoint sites.
- Developed updated company websites using responsive templates created in WordPress.
Inviso Corporation - UX/UI Designer - (Bellevue, WA)
August 2009 – February 2011
- Created wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and final production design to direct the user experience of Inviso’s Business Intelligence applications related to Microsoft License Profiling.
- Branded custom SharePoint web portals, including upgrades from 2007 to 2010.
- Designed and developed custom websites.
Prowess Consulting - Front End Web Developer - (Seattle, WA)
May 2007 – July 2009
- Branded SharePoint 2007 portals with fully-customized master page templates, page layouts, and CSS.
- Hand-coded and maintained two of the company’s major external-facing websites.
- Created original Photoshop mockups and translated existing comps into fully-functional HTML Applications for multi-disc DVD-ROM menus.
- Created custom graphics for clients such as Microsoft, AMD, and Intel.
- Created default skin and multiple custom designs for clients of VMExpress, a Prowess product for web-based distribution of virtual machines.
- Designed print and web-based collateral, branding materials, and style guides for Prowess products and services.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh - Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Communications - (Oshkosh, WI)
September 1999 – December 2003
- Cumulative GPA 3.816.
- Dean’s List 5 semesters, Honor Roll 3 semesters, University Honors Program.
- Secretary and Club Artist for Computer Science Club, 2001-2003.
- Winner of Chancellor’s Purchase Award for 2-D Design, Student Honors Exhibition, February 2003.
WordPress & SharePoint Branding
Wireframing & Prototyping
Web Standards & Accessibility
Adherence to Brand Guidelines
Coaching Clients for Best Practices
Download My Resume
Microsoft SharePoint Online & SharePoint Designer